Become or Support a Coach - Mentorship Program for Female Coaches
Changing the Game is a mentorship program for new female coaches in Ontario. The program is open to existing coaches or coaches-to-be of every sport, every age, and every experience level. Using a professionally designed mentorship model, the Changing the Game program has already engaged over 400 apprentice coaches with support of 150+ experienced sport coaching mentors.
Even better, the program is completely free.
This Mentorship Program is for Women who want to become a Coach for the first time and be supported with Mentorship and Development, an existing Coach looking for Mentorship and Development, or an experienced coach looking to give back as a mentor (Both Male and Female Coaches accepted as Mentors). Participants receive:
- Access to a personal mentor sport coach with a specific area of expertise and wealth of experience
- Professional development events
- Funding for 1 on 1 expert consulting
- An online community of coaches
- Online resource hub
Purpose of the Program
- Provide a mentorship model for female coaches in Ontario – within and across sports
- Provide a resource hub for apprentice coaches to build and enhance their skills, abilities and knowledge
- Provide female coaches from a variety of sports with an opportunity to learn from highly trained coaches and experts across the province
- Create a broader pool of coaches with qualifications and tools that meet the requirements for participating in coaching, from grassroots to competition development
- Engage the system through PSO’s, education sector partnerships and community groups province-wide to cultivate an environment for balanced leadership
- Build lasting supportive relationships between and among coaches to create a legacy program that is sustainable
- WHO: Women who want to become a Coach for the first time, OR an existing Coach looking to grow further as a coach and leader
- WHY: Training, support, connections, enhancement
- WHO: Experienced coaches who want to get involved in supporting female apprentices in their coach and leadership development (Both Male and Female Coaches accepted as Mentors)
- WHY: You will leave a legacy in your sport, receive support, tools, resources, mentorship training, and professional development
Intake for the 2019 program is now closed. You can still use the link above to sign up for the 2020 program waitlist. The next program year will open in March 2020!