Become or Support a Coach - Mentorship Program for Female Coaches
Changing the Game is a mentorship program female coaches of all levels of experiences in Ontario. Whether you are just picking up a whistle for the first time, or you've been coaching for 10 years, working with a mentor can help you to develop your skills and achieve your coaching goals. Using a professionally designed mentorship model, the Changing the Game program has already engaged over 400 apprentice coaches with support of 150+ experienced sport coaching mentors.
Even better, the program is completely free.
- 1-to-1 mentorship with an experienced mentor who will work with them to develop an individual learning plan
- Honorarium for professional development
- Free access to online PD webinars
- An online community of coaches
- Online resource hub
Purpose of the Program
- Provide a mentorship model for female coaches in Ontario – within and across sports
- Provide a resource hub for apprentice coaches to build and enhance their skills, abilities and knowledge
- Provide female coaches from a variety of sports with an opportunity to learn from highly trained coaches and experts across the province
- Create a broader pool of coaches with qualifications and tools that meet the requirements for participating in coaching, from grassroots to competition development
- Engage the system through PSO’s, education sector partnerships and community groups province-wide to cultivate an environment for balanced leadership
- Build lasting supportive relationships between and among coaches to create a legacy program that is sustainable
- WHO: Women who want to become a Coach for the first time, OR an existing Coach looking to grow further as a coach and leader
- WHY: Training, support, connections, enhancement
- WHO: Experienced coaches who want to get involved in supporting female apprentices in their coach and leadership development (Both Male and Female Coaches accepted as Mentors)
- WHY: You will leave a legacy in your sport, receive support, tools, resources, mentorship training, and professional development
Registration for the 2020 program is now Open!
- The 2020 CTG program will be modified when required to accommodate realities of 2020. However the current postponement/cancellation of many sport activities provides an opportunity for self-development. Now is a great time to engage in mentorship!